top of page


When an individual is granted lawful permanent residency based on a marriage to a U.S. Citizen or lawful permanent resident (Green Card), in which the marriage was less than two-year-old on the day they were granted their permanent resident status, the beneficiary is given a conditional resident status.


90 days prior to the two-year anniversary of your conditional residency, one must apply to remove the condition on their permanent residency. Once this condition is removed, their status will be changed to that of a lawful permanent resident. However, it is very important that the application to have the condition removed on their resident status is filed during the allotted time.


Individuals are eligible to remove the condition on their residency if they are:


 - still married to the same U.S. citizen or permanent resident after the two-year period

 - widowed and entered into their marriage in good faith\

 - entered a marriage in good faith that has now ended in divorce or annulment, or

 - entered into a marriage in good faith but either the applicant or their child was the subject of a battery or       abuse by their U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident spouse.


Due to the time-sensitive nature of the removal of a condition, it is highly recommended that you contact an immigration attorney to ensure you properly file to remove the condition within the allotted time.

I-751 cases are complicated and often require the help of knowledgeable professionals to obtain a successful outcome. At the Jurado Firm, we have the experience you need in handling I-751 cases to ensure that you obtain the best possible outcome in your I-751 case. Give us a call, our initial consultations are free of cost.

bottom of page