top of page


K1, Fiance Visa

If you are a U.S. Citizen who wants to bring your fiancé to the United States, you can apply for a K-1 Visa. ONLY U.S. Citizens can petition for fiancés abroad.


As with many other petitions for individual aboard, applying for a K-1 Visa is a two-step process. The first step is filing a 129-F petition with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Once you have an approved I-129F petition from USCIS, you must follow the National Visa Center (NVC)/Consular process.


Before filing the petition with USCIS, you and your fiancé, you must meet the following requirements:


  1. You and your fiancé must have met each other at least one time within the two-year period before filing your petition

  2. You must be free and willing to marry (all previous marriages must be 100% terminated)

  3. You must intend to get married within ninety (90) days of your fiancé entering the United State on their K-1 Visa

  4. You must be able to prove that your relationship is legitimate (you must be able to provide documents, photos, etc. proving that your relationship is in fact legitimate)


After you have met the above requirements, you can file a I-129F petition with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Once the petition is approved by USCIS you must follow the consular/NVC process.


Your fiancé will be required to attend an interview at the U.S. Consulate or Embassy in their country. Once they are issued the visa and travel to the United States and you are married, they can apply for adjustment of status (for their green card).


K1, Fiance Visa cases are complicated and often require the help of knowledgeable professionals to obtain a successful outcome. At the Jurado Firm, we have the experience you need in handling K1, Fiance Visa cases to ensure that you obtain the best possible outcome in your K1, Fiance Visa case. Give us a call, our initial consultations are free of cost.

bottom of page