top of page


Section 245(i) of the INA allows the applicant to obtain Lawful Permanent Residency through the Adjustment of Status process without having to leave the United States, even if the applicant violated, overstayed their status, or entered the United States unlawfully.


Eligibility under section 245(i) is as follows:


The applicant must have been the beneficiary or the derivative of a family-based petition (Form I-130), employer petition (Form I-140) or a Labor Certification, which was filed on or prior to April 30, 2001.


If the visa petition or labor certification was filed between January 15, 1998 and April 30, 2001, the applicant must prove that it was present in the United States on December 21, 2000.

Adjustment of Status cases are complicated and often require the help of knowledgeable professionals to obtain a successful outcome. At the Jurado Firm, we have the experience you need in handling Adjustment of Status cases to ensure that you obtain the best possible outcome in your Adjustment of Status case. Give us a call, our initial consultations are free of cost.

bottom of page