top of page

Citizenship and Naturalization

How does an Individual Attain U.S. Citizenship?


An individual obtains citizenship either through:

     ·Naturalization, or



What is Naturalization?


Naturalization is the process by which U.S. Citizenship is granted to Lawful Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) after they have met certain requirements.


In order to apply for Naturalization, one must file Form N-400.


What is Acquisition?


Acquisition of citizenship is obtained through U.S. Citizen parents, either by birth or after birth, but before the age of 18



What are the benefits of Citizenship?

Citizen is very important for our clients because of the benefits that come with naturalization. These benefits include:


     ·the ability to vote

     ·the right to obtain certain restricted employment

     ·the ability to travel without restriction

     ·Easing the process of filing a family-based petition.

      and perhaps most importantly,

     ·U.S. Citizens cannot be deported under any circumstances, unless they obtained their citizenship status through            fraud.


What are the requirements to apply for Naturalization?


     ·Age: If filing for citizenship on your own (not through a parent), you must be at least 18 years of age

     ·Residency: You must be a lawful permanent resident status

     ·Physical Presence: You must meet certain physical presence requirements, meaning that you can prove you have          continuously resided in the United States, after you gained lawful permanent residence status, for five years prior             to filing the naturalization application (or 3 years, if applicable). You must also not have been absent from the                   United States for more than 180 days at any given time. 

     ·Language Requirements: You can read, write, speak and understand the English Language (however, there are               exemptions to the English- language requirement that you may qualify for)


When can I file for Naturalization?


     ·If you are married to a U.S. Citizen and obtained your green card through your U.S. Citizen Marriage, you can apply        for naturalization after holding lawful permanent resident status for 3 years

     ·If you did not receive your green card through marriage to a U.S. Citizen, you can apply for naturalization after                   holding lawful permanent resident status for 5 years

Citizenship cases can be complicated and often require the help of knowledgeable professionals to obtain a successful outcome. At the Jurado Firm, we have the experience you need in handling Citizenship cases to ensure that you obtain the best possible outcome in your Citizenship case. Give us a call, our initial consultations are free of cost.

The Jurado Firm Bigger Logo.png


The Jurado Firm Bigger Logo.png

As Seen or Heard On:

KCOP Logo.jpeg
Fox 11 Logo.jpeg

What Clients Are Saying


Avatar 104

Very knowledgeable firm, they treat everyone with respect and compassion. They are very professional and can definitely help with any immigration issues that you Might have. I highly recommend them.

Avatar 110

Edwin C


The Jurado Firm has been extremely supportive during my naturalization process.  Their response time is excellent and they treat you like family not a client.  I would recommend them to anyone looking for legal immigration support.

Avatar 102

Carlos Jurado was a beacon of hope to my family at a time when our options appeared limited and the likelihood of a satisfactory resolution seemed impossible. Not only was he able to help us out in a desperate time of need, he did it with such compassion and offered emotional support to myself and those I care about most. I definitely recommend Carlos Jurado without reservation.

Meet Our Attorneys and Staff

We Are Here To Help


Carlos Jurado


Whitney Jurado

leslie Zaragoza_edited_edited.jpg

Leslie Zaragoza

Alondra's Picture.jpg

Alondra Rios

Selfie Photo for website- Jakelin Rangel_edited.jpg

Joe Deniz Zaragoza


Jacklin Rangel



Legal Assistant

Office Manager

Legal Assistant

Legal Assistant

Our Office Locations

Long Beach Office

444 W. Ocean Blvd Suite 1010, Long Beach, CA 90802

Riverside Office

3333 Central Ave., Suite E, 

Riverside, CA 92506

Bakersfield Office

1910 E. California Ave, Suite T Bakersfield, CA 93307

bottom of page